Jan 25, 2021
A new Infotainment Head Unit (IHU) Software Update for the Proton Persona, Iriz and Exora is now available! Follow these simple steps to update your IHU software today.
- Bug fixes for JOOX music app and user experience improvement
1. Please do not switch off the engine and ensure a 4G network is available when downloading the software and upgrading the IHU, failure to do so may affect the system function of your IHU.
2. Restore the IHU to factory settings is required after the new software update is complete. This is to ensure there is a clean slate of the new software version to allow it to perform at its best.
3. The OTA updates will be released in batches starting from 25th January 2021.
Step 1: Switch on the engine and wait for the IHU to get started.
Step 2: Go to [Settings] > [System], then click [New Version] to download and install. *If you can’t see the software update notification, kindly try again the following day.
Step 3: The system will now start to download the new software.
Step 4: Once the download is complete, click [Install].
Step 5: Click [Sure] while making sure you keep your engine running.
Step 6: The system will now start to install the new software. The IHU will restart automatically once the new software update is complete.
Step 7: Once the IHU has restarted, click [Sure] on the notification to complete the new software update.
- Latest software version for Persona & Iriz (Premium variants only) is 3.1.4
- Latest software version for Exora (Premium variants only) is 3.1.5E
Step 8: Go to [Settings] > [System] > [Restore factory settings], then click [Restore] on the notification to restart your IHU at a clean slate of the new software version. *All previous personal settings will be removed, e.g., offline map, paired Bluetooth device, radio, music preference etc.